The Advantages Of Chickpea Flour And Turmeric For Facial Treatment

>> Thursday, April 30, 2009

Advantages of Chickpea Flour and Turmeric for Facial Treatment

Hello. It is me again. I realized that I forgot to mention about the benefits of using chickpea flour with turmeric for your face. So now that I am here, I will share them with you. As everybody knows, we put things on our faces so that they will do them some good. So here are the good things about using chickpea flour.

It really is a gentle skin exfoliater, so that when you are trying to wash the paste off your face, you can actually use your fingers and gently rub your face in a upward circling motion. It stimulates the blood circulation of your face and at the same time rejuvenates your skin cells. Notice that even after the first application, your facial skin will look much fairer and it really helps in removing dead skin cells that stop your skin from looking brighter and young.

Now, lets move to the beauty benefits of turmeric. Using turmeric powder to combine with your other ingredients in a facial mask helps the skin to become clearer and radiant. Turmeric also reduces skin infections and gives them a natural glow. If you are of a lighter skin tone, make sure to mix only a very small amount of the turmeric powder as the it can actually stain your skin with a slight yellow-tangerine colour. For darker skin tones, it is alright if you use a little bit more of the turmeric powder. Do this according to your personal preference. Apart from that, using turmeric will help to lighten scars caused by acne and even out skin discoloration.

I hope that you will try to incorporate these herbal inexpensive ingredients into your skin care routine. You know your skin best and use these home herbal facials wisely as they may not be necessarily the best for everybody.

Take Care. Keep on smiling :)

Shanaz ALAbout Me
Fashion-stalker. Cat-lover. Word-stringer. More about me here. Please add my to your circles.

12 comments:

ediotu,  July 3, 2009 at 3:42 PM

How long does it take turmeric to work on fade acne scars? How often should you use it? Do you have personal experience with using turmeric? Sorry for so many questions but I am trying it and really want to see the results already.

Written July 4, 2009 at 12:23 AM

Hi Ediotu,
Thanks for reading this article.

Yes, I have tried turmeric with chickpea paste for my face. Turmeric on its own can be a little bit harsh on your face. That is why you need to mix it with chickpea flour (Gram dhall)

For fade acne, based on my experience, turmeric with chickpea paste helps to lighten the whole face's complexion. Keep using them on a regular basis, for one month, you'll see some visible improvements.

The last time I used this paste was for 1 whole month, 5 times a week. You should try it. But check to see if you are allergic to the turmeric.

=] Hope this helps

Betsy Bargain January 28, 2010 at 9:06 AM

This is an interesting facial treatment that I've never heard of before. I will have to try it!

shanaz@MyReverie January 29, 2010 at 1:41 AM

@Betsy Bargain: Yes, I hope that it will benefit your facial skin. Try to test for allergies first, before proceeding to use for the whole face. Have fun Betsy, and thanks for swinging by! :)

fadu June 19, 2010 at 1:40 AM

i have been using face musk which has chickpeas and tumeric and other things like Safflower,(Ziziphus mauritiana)called in my language Qasil,and mix with milk and dates that put in warm water the mash it. it been geart for my skin and i lots of nice comment from work mates and now i have been saleing at work to the girls and the love it. so if you interested let me know

whytevee aml,  October 13, 2010 at 5:10 PM

good tip! i've got acne scars as well and usually am not bothered by em but it'll be good to be rid of em..thanks S!

Anonymous,  July 14, 2011 at 1:14 PM

Hi. I have been using the Chickpea with water paste for a little over a month and my zits are actually increasing. Is that supposed to be normal? I've heard that it gets worse before it gets better. Is the chickpea flour supposed to cause more acne?

Thanks!

shanaz@RS July 16, 2011 at 3:27 PM

@Whytevee: You're most welcome! :)
@Anonymous: Why don't you stop using the paste for a while and see if your skin clears up. If the condition of your skin is way worse than before you start using the paste, it's quite obvious that your skin is allergic to it. I hope this helps :)

mintoo April 1, 2013 at 1:56 AM

I had chicken pox last month which left two big scars on my cheek.will this chickpea flour and turmeric mix powder help me.for how many days a week should i apply it.for how much time should i leave it on my face.

shanaz@RS April 2, 2013 at 12:53 AM

@mintoo

I don't think it will help with the scars in an obvious way.

But, I think this article is worth checking out since you're looking for a way to diminish the scarring as a result of chickenpox:

How to remove chickenpox scars

I hope this helps :)

Anonymous,  June 27, 2014 at 11:25 AM

I know that turmeric with neem leaves helps to fade chicken pox scars.